Thursday 14 February 2013

Makeup Application Series : Tips for Applying Makeup To Oily Skin

Hi Everyone,

I personally have a super oily skin and this happen mostly on my t-zone. The oily parts are generally the chin, nose and the forehead , known as the T-zone. Oily skin is the best type of skin because it will keep you looking younger but all you need is how to control it. Let's jump into a few tricks and tips that has worked for me and for my oily skinned clients and I believe will work for you too....



  • Start your makeup with a cleansed face . I use Pond's Perfect Matte oil control cleansing foam and then tone the skin with witch hazel.
Ponds Perfect Matte Oil Control Cleansing Foam 100g
Pond's Perfect Matte Oil Control Cleansing Foam
  • Moisture with an oil free moisturizer . I used to use Nivea Soft Moisturizer but now i just started using MAC Oil Control Lotion . Then remove the excess with a ply of tissue. 
MAC Oil Control Lotion

  • Use Primer. I love my Nurturing Force Blot Out Offensive and that's what i use on most of my clients as well. I sometimes switch in between that and Monistat  Anti -Chafing Powder Gel which is a dupe for MAC Matte.
Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel
Nurturing Force Blot Out Offensive

  •  Apply Anti-Shine to the T-zone. I mostly use my Eve Pearl Anti-Shine or the Mattifier in the Eve Pearls' Flawless Face Palette.
Eve Pearl Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel

  • Apply foundation and concealer . Foundations i use in my kit are Eve Pearl , Graftobian HD , Black Opal and MAC . I love my Salmon concealers..
Flawless Face Palette in Dark


  • Apply your favorite face powder to set your makeup. I mostly use puffs and i concentrate mostly on the T-zone by pressing the puff filled with powder onto the skin.
  • For oily eye lids- i can recommend L'Oreal Decrease .  It works just like the Urban Decay primer portion.
  • Seal your makeup by spraying your face with a makeup setting spray , the one i use mostly is the Model In A Bottle.
  • I always give my clients blotting sheets for touch-ups. 

Japonesque Blotting Sheet
This is what i found work best for me and my clients. 
Let me know how you apply your makeup.

Stay_Beautiful ! Cheers

FTC Disclosure - All products mentioned were bought by me and not sponsored

1 comment:

  1. Always impressed with u and your work. U need to take me anytime u have gigs so I can assist and learn. Are these products available on the Gh market??

    ReplyDelete