Saturday 6 April 2013

30 Days To Clearer Skin Challenge

I'm very excited to announce my 30 Days To Clearer Skin Challenge . I cannot possibly over emphasize the need to take care of your skin especially the face. With the skin being the largest part of our bodies , it deserves all the attention in caring for it. Do you remember when you first got a handy? i trust it was never out of sight and also you made sure you got a pouch to keep it from scratching and the likes. This is how we ought to take care of our skin especially the face.

This month of April is all about getting a clearer skin which i believe start from the inside. Sorry for the delays though.

Challenge Start  : 8 April 2013

Challenge End : 7 May 2013


What Is The Challenge Involved ?

Drinking of Water .....

Yes !!!! Drinking of water , such an ordinary art. I do not want to bore you will all that water can do for you but i can share some basic truths about why it's so important to be ''water addicts''. Water makes 60% of the bodies weight. Listed below is just a few of some importance of drinking water and the effect on your body/skin. Reference : http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/benefits-of-drinking-water.html#Benefits . No drinks and coffee.

  1. Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
  2. Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
  3. Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
  4. Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains and keeps your skin free of scars.
  5. Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and  so will you.
  6. Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.

 

Here's The Challenge 

I'm going to be drinking 2.2 liters of water ( about 9 cups) for the next 30 days.


My Skincare Regimen 

As part of my clearer skin challenge i'm stepping up my skincare regimen for  both morning and evening. That means more cleansing , toning, masking and moisturizing. My problem areas are  hyper - pigmentation , few acne scars and spots. Will do a post of products i use for my skincare regimen.

Skincare Products


Before

Full Face


Side View A


Side View B


Diet

I'm not going for slimming diet ...I LOVE MY BODY ... but rather i want to cut down on my carbohydrate and sugar intake and take more vegetables and fruits. My intake will include carrots,cucumbers ,tomatoes, grapefruits, mangoes,watermelon, banana, spinach and the likes.

Trust me this is no joke , I'm fully and fiercely dedicated and i hope you join me. I hope this becomes part of us when we finish with our challenge . The whole idea is to make the skin feel pampered and in return get a smooth skin.


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! this is definitely a challenge esp with the water part, how many cups a day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-9 Cups or aim at taking 4 bottles of 0.5 ml of water. The Voltic small container could be a good guide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I am joining ASAP. But I will need help with what to eat and what not to eat. ����. I love bread, tea, coffee and rice. So it's difficult to go without them in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally you can cut down on too much carbohydrates and sugars. For example, morning - waakye , afternoon - banku , dinner - kenkey .

    U realize that the whole day's meal is carbohydrates. Just include some vegetables and fruits in your daily meals.

    It's CHALLENGING right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.am obsessed with having pretty glowy skin,but i dnt know to how to go about exfoliating.i use baby soap to wash and clean my skin,cocoa butter(queen elisabeth) to moisturise.and lime juice as toner when my facial skin gets dull.am not sure about products now.so how do i do my own body scrub at home and how often?especially on the skin on my legs.there r more scars and wrinkles

    ReplyDelete