Monday 12 August 2013

How To :Depot My MAC Eyeshadows


I lost one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows from a gig I did recently and I must admit, I was so so hate. I've been organizing my kit lately especially with for all my eyeshadows since I don't want to loose anymore. I  got two of the single  new MAC palette. It's just like the Z-palette. I either buy the MAC refill pan shadows or the pot one depending on availability. I'm gradually building my MAC eyeshadow collection and thanks for Pro Membership I can afford that.


Depotted Eyeshadows


Things I used 


  • A source of heat  - I used a candle 
  • A small knife
  • A scissor to hold the rubber while heating 
  • Palette 


 

Process..

    Eyeshadows ready for depotting.



  • Using your small knife , remove the rubber pan which house the refill pan eyeshadow from the eyeshadow pot . The rubber pan can be removed from the pot closure part.
 

Rubber Housing with Refill Pan

 

Emptied MAC Eyeshadow Pot


  •  Hold the rubber pan with scissor and ensure that the flame hits the center of the pan below it . Allowing it to heat up a little without totally melting, the glue which hold the pan in place will be melted and that will make the removal very easy. Using the tip of the knife, punch a cute hole under the pan and push the pan through 

Heating rubber pan to melt the glue ( you can see depotted shadows in the palette )


Depotted Eyeshadow / Rubber pan / Pot


  •  Gently place the pan down ,avoid touching it while hot. Clean the unwanted glue on the refill pan or leave it to cool and place it in the palette. Place back the rubber pan into the pot for MAC returns.

This process can be done with any rubber eyeshadow case not paper .I'm thinking of getting more MAC palettes for my blushes , bronzers and skin finishes.

 More How To series coming up soon.

3 comments:

  1. oh cool! Thanx for sharing this. This has been extremely insightful. Thinkn of depotting sleek eyeshadows from their palettes, have you done any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Sleek Palette , U'll hold the mirror side and place the location of each shadow directly under your heat and pop up one after the other.

      Delete
    2. Ok great, thanx for the reply.

      Delete