Tuesday 23 July 2013

Men Makeup

So so so.... I was up for a gig and my model happened to be a male. Well I was told before time and I had to prepare for it. It was a magazine cover page and so i needed to do a good work.  Makeup on men is really the ''no makeup'' look and It's very necessary to take lots of things into consideration . Like the coverage to go for and the likes. It's just about correcting and making the skin better.




Me and My Model





 

Things I Packed For My Model

 

 

This is just a picture I took with my Blackberry phone during the shoot. 

This is just everything I used on him.

  • Eve Pearl HD Foundation /Salmon Concealer - I chose this foundation because it's creamy  yet very lightweight . I love the sheerness of it's coverage. It's really good for men since they really do not want to feel anything on their face. I used the concealer NOT FOR HIGHLIGHTING but CORRECTING UNDER-EYE DARKNESS.
  • Guerlain 4 Season Terracotta Bronzing Powder - This is a no -shimmer bronzer. Looks amazing on men. I applied it on the forehead and other areas where the sun would normally hit. The bronzer also prevents the face from looking flat.
  • Moisturizer / Anti-shine - I used Eve Pearl Priming Moisturizer to moisturizer the face  and Anti-shine to eliminate excess shine on the T-zone. Men tends to be oily on T-zone. 
  • Clear Mascara - Love Maybelline Great lash mascara , unfortunately  I left that and so I used the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Clear gel mascara to clean the brows and keep them in shape.
  • Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Powder - Used a  setting powder with a light hand . Love it because it's invisible and controls the oil too. 
  • Lip balm - just a little to keep the lips from drying.
  • Facial Wipes  - to clean the face before application. 
  • Brushes/Tools
           -  2 foundation brushes ( for moisturizer / Real Techniques Expect face brush for cream foundation )
           - 2 Powder brushes ( Bronzer and Powder application)
           -  Palette /Spatula
           - Disposable mascara wand for the brows



Hope you find this useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment