Tuesday 30 July 2013

Product Comparison: MAC Select Sheer/Loose NC45 and Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder Medium




MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NC45 / Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder Medium


It's been awhile since I did a comparison post and so I thought I'd do that for today. I'm comparing MAC's NC45 Sheer /Loose Powder and Black Opal Medium Deluxe Finishing Powder . Both powders have great reviews . I realized that they some how look alike during one of the clean ups I had in my kit.

 MAC Select  Sheer /Loose Powder ( 0.28oz / $24.00)  is a translucent, featherweight, ultra-fine, sublimely silky powder. It provides a sheer to fine finish thus keeping the skin very natural .
 Mattes the skin but keeps its natural glow. It's a good under-eye concealer setter for dark - deep skin tones and provides a matte finish to any makeup look. It's great for all skin tones . The only downside is that , It's pricey and the only shade available for dark skin is NC45.

MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NC45 / Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder Medium



 Black Opal Medium Deluxe Finishing Powder (1oz / $8.95) is equally a translucent , ultra-fine jet milled powders which gives the skin a silky finish when used. It's hypoallergenic  and non - comedogenic . It's suitable for all skin tones especially for oily skin. When applied in the t-zone , It's able to absorb the excess oil on the skin leaving it matte. I find the MAC powder looser than the BO powder which is much heavier when used. I prefer to use the MAC powder to set the under-eye concealer than the Ben-Nye Banana Powder. The BO powder is budget friendly to a beginner's kit and it's available in dark and deep too.
Overall, I'll always get both products for my kit anytime I run out.

Swatches

MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NC45 / Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment